REAL PUBLIC LIBRARIAN

Friday, January 20, 2006

What price fame?

I have achieved perhaps every blogger's dream - a Google search using certain obvious keywords brings me up on the first page! This is due to the unusual name of the Youth Library. However, I have broken one of the cardinal rules of safe blogging - anonymity. Not that I'm worried about fellow librarians figuring out who I am - far from it - sharing real info and experiences is pretty much the point of this blog -but - well - how should I put this - there are other potential readers who I can't mention who may not have a very enlightened attitude to blogging. And so I am going to expunge the offending keyword from all of my posts as of tonight. I'm still happy for Google to find me - but just not so easily!!

6 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 PM  

  • I understand the trepidation. Just today, two of my co-workers discovered my blog. When they told me that they'd been reading, I admit that I blushed very deeply.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

  • Thanks Morgan for leaving your comment, it's so nice to hear from someone real, and not just blogspam!

    By Blogger Deb, at 10:06 AM  

  • I also understand the trepidation.

    Currently I am writing policy on the use of the Internet and Email (including blogs) that will impact 50,000 plus employees. Myself incuded.

    My co-workers know I blog and read very regularly.

    Consequently I try to write nothing that identifies work or my self (even the above number is an underestimate as the real number would tell a number of people where I work)

    Just wish that two of the three people I am mentoring would read more regularly as many of the posts are written with them in mind.

    Blogs can support a mentoring process, but for me they can be a two edged sword.

    By Blogger Andrew, at 9:36 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:06 PM  

  • I am here because of search results for blogs with a related topic to mine.
    Please,accept my congratulations for your excellent work!
    I have a australian job search engines jobseeker site.
    Come and check it out if you get time :-)
    Best regards!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home