Coming up for air
- Finally found and employed new young adult librarian for YL (Yay!!). New grad all the way from Melbourne. Brave woman. Also refreshingly gung ho for libraries - just what we need.
- Farewelled a valued staff member. Time to philosophize about the dynamics of a library team - comings and goings are inevitable, and are like small seismic shifts - it all settles down into a new pattern eventually - different, but still a beautiful thing.
- In the upper echelons, lost our exec. manager. BIG seismic shift. Waiting for the dust to settle...
- Looking forward to welcoming back other librarian from maternity leave. 3 librarians employed at same time (an historic event) plus fantastic team of library assistants - looking good for library services in near future.
- On the boil - supporting 3 book groups, meet the teachers night at YL (tonight), adult event "Armchair Traveller" (also tonight), downhill run for YL e-zine project, recruiting a group of young people to undergo training in Dreamweaver and publish the zine, installing new "Stakka" units for CDs, preparing Library's case for Service Level Review, budget review. + working on circ, answering queries, troubleshooting computers etc etc
The many and varied duties of a real public librarian...