REAL PUBLIC LIBRARIAN

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

So much to blog about, so little time...

Phew! Blogging is hard work! After fighting off an 8 year old and a 13 year old for use of the computer, reading all the other great blogs, watching the time because the dog demands to be taken for a walk at 5 am (yes, that's pre-dawn in this part of the world), there's precious little time to post one's own blog. I really admire those prolific bloggers who craft such well thought out posts.

Last Thursday night I attended a function organised by the ALIA new grads as an activity for Library and Information Week at Central Queensland University. It was the first local ALIA function held in Central Queensland for around 10 years and it was great to see and catch up with the 30 or so uni, special and public librarians for some very interesting and erudite speeches by visiting ALIA exec members and also the rather tough but entertaining library trivia contest put together by Rockhampton public librarian Cheryl. It was professionally stimulating and I intend to blog about it (I really do) but right now I have to read "The Twits" to my son. So goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home