REAL PUBLIC LIBRARIAN

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Surfing the blogs/Youth Library Names?

Since discovering blogs exactly 2 days ago, I have spent many hours surfing blogs looking for like-minded librarian blogs, and have not been disappointed. Particularly like "Rambling Librarian" from Singapore. He really seems to share my philosophy of the public library's role of connecting people to people and people to ideas. I'm sure there are many more in the blogosphere. I have found a couple of youth/YA/teen librarian blogs I'll be keeping an eye on as our library is about to embark on a stand alone, main street Youth Library. (Our main challenge at the moment is nailing a name - as the facility is a collaboration between the Council's Youth Services and Library Services we have agreed not to use the word "library" in the title as it is thought this might turn some young people off. However, to young people who know and love libraries, they will obviously see that it is indeed a library, albeit very different from the main library. The name is critical to our branding and interior decoration.We are canvassing young people for a suitable name so have high hopes of something soon.)
Will keep surfing the blogs til I get the hang of them...figuring out how to post comments, atract readers and link to blogs I like...

8 Comments:

  • Hello again. The Help section in Blogger has lots of useful stuff on how to configure your blog template further, like adding HTML links. I've compiled a summary that you might find useful: 10 Points on Blogs & RSS. I'm by no means an expert though. Just happy to share, especially with fellow librarians. Feel free to email me at weeping_sentinel@hotmail.com ~ RamblingLibrarian

    By Blogger Ivan Chew, at 7:27 AM  

  • Thanks Ivan. I've figured out how to get notification of new posts through Bloglines but the rest is still a mystery. Won't bug you until directly until I've done some research. Thanks for being my first commentator!

    By Blogger Deb, at 8:00 PM  

  • Being the good librarian, I'm sure you'll do your research first. But being the librarian, I'd say, "No problem, bug away!" :)
    Happy exploring. BTW, you've got your "personal voice" to your posts. You're on the right track!

    By Blogger Ivan Chew, at 2:12 AM  

  • I just bookmarked your blog. I will try to post often.

    Do you think gas pricing is ever going to go down? I founds some gas saving tips at surfing frame


    Keep in touch :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:53 AM  

  • GROW IT YOURSELF!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:26 PM  

  • Hey...
    How did you get your blog to be so good? Originally I was out trying to locate uv swim related information, but your post got my attention and stopped me in my tracks :) Glad I found you because I'm trying to improve my site about uv swim and your blog here gave me some excellent ideas. Thanks ##NAME## for the good read and I think I'll mention your blog to my cousin (if that's okay...)

    Keep up your effort ~ and good job.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:17 AM  

  • How long has it really been since you got your feet wet on a white-sandy beach?

    Think about Hawaii,
    aloha airline

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:46 PM  

  • A fantastic blog yours. Keep it up.
    If you have a moment, please visit my australia monster career job search site.
    I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home